AMERICAN TOP TEAM TAMPA
Yodan Marc Maciel holds a 4th Degree Black Belt in Judo, beginning his journey at the age of 10 at the Long Beach Naval Base Judo Club, as a uke for his older sister. In 1973, the Marine Corps sent him to Mt. Fuji, Japan, the "5 Lakes District", where he stayed with a Judoka/Mathematician from the local university, Kagawa San. After studying Judy, Aikido, and Kendo for 18 months, he only received his Black Belt in Judo. In 1983, he started with Professor Ed Maley, at the Florida School of Judo. He has won many state titles, and has received 3 Olympic packages, one from England. Currently he holds Judo teaching, International Coaching, and Regional Referee Certificates along with his 4th Degree Black Belt in Jiu Jitsu. He trained both his sons, with his youngest, Jonathan, taking Gold at the National Junior Olympics his first year competing. Sensei Marciel's teaching background includes wrestling, grappling, and women's self defense.
· Deafwar Team, Wrestling Coach, Tampa, FL 2014- Present
· Frontline Fitness, Head Wrestling and MMA Coach, Brandon, FL 2011-2014
· Wesleyan University, Assistant Wrestling Coach, Middletown, CT Nov. 2006 - April 2007
· USA Wrestling Jr and Cadet National Championships, World Cup Qualifier, North Dakota, Nov. 2006
· Connecticut Team, Greco-Roman/Freestyle Coach, August 2006
· USA Wrestling Connecticut, National Wrestling Team State Training Camp
· Wesleyan University, Greco-Roman/Freestyle Coach, July 2006
· ExpertRating Certified Professional Personal Trainer, Nov. 2006
· USA Wrestling, Bronze Coach Certificate, 2006
· Northeast Elite Wrestling Club, Enfiled, CT USA
· Volunteer Greco-Roman/Freestyle and Conditioning Coach, 2006
· Aspull Olympic Wrestling Club, Wigan, UK
· Visiting Coach and Trainer, January 2006
· Alexandria Sports Organization, Sports Massage Certificate, 2003
· Ibrahim Mostafa Competition 2002, Member of Protocol team
Instructor Melissa began her martial arts adventure with WCMA/ATT Tampa in 2005. Melissa has earned the rank of Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do under Ralph Garcia. Melissa takes part in many Tae Kwon Do tournaments throughout the US and Puerto Rico, where she always places in the top 3. Melissa is also skilled in the use of weapons, including the sword, sai, fan, and bow, amongst others. Melissa assists with children's tae kwon do and jiu jitsu, as well as adult cardio martial arts and tae kwon do classes.
Training in Martial Arts since the age of 9, Master Ralph Garcia turned his dream into reality in 1998 when he opened World Class Martial Arts. Having belt ranks in various disciplines of Martial Arts, Master Garcia has a great passion to share his knowledge with others. When Master Garcia is not teaching his students or serving as the owner of World Class Fight League (WCFL), he attends various seminars and training sessions throughout the United States training with the best martial artists. Some of the people Master Garcia has trained with are: Former WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres, Former UFC Lightweight Champion Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk, Former Pride Middleweight Grand Prix and UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio Shogun Rua, the late Karl Gotch, Carl Malenko, the late Joe Lewis, Lew "The Titan" Polley, Bernando Faria, and the list goes on.